Kick Start the New Year! Drill 4.
How good are the Holidays!! In between your midday naps, eating all the delicious food and family catch ups. Give this this little burner a go. Today’s drill is one your future self will be thanking you for! As per usual complete a good warm up and cool down.
All that is needed is:
- Timer (if you don’t have one , count in your head)
- If your down your local netball court use the sideline and transverse line as your guides.
- 30 sec on 30sec oﬀ walking 5 reps Rest 2-3mins Complete 2-4 sets
- Start at GREEN
- Sprint Red
- Change direction Sprint back to GREEN
- Dodge and sprint to PINK
- Change of direction back to GREEN
- Repeat for 30seconds
- Max eﬀort running the L (sideline to transverse) 10m by 15m
Remember to keep check of where your mind goes when fatigue hits. Keep your self talk positive and encouraging.
FOCUS POINTS: Keep the turns sharp and precise.
Every time you have a negative thought replace it with a positive.
e.g. “I can't do this, I’m so tired” replace it with “You're doing a good job, we're nearly there, I CAN DO THIS”
If you have someone to run with they can run the other side of the third.
If not all good, crank the music , focus in and get it done.
Don’t forget challenging yourself is good. If it was easy everyone would do it.
This is making you ﬁtter!
“The pain you feel today is the strength you will gain tomorrow”. Let us know how you go!
Tag us on instagram
@aprilbrandley & @unifynetball
AB x x x